Photos - Detailed help
Adding a photo to your profile will dramatically increase the number of responses your receive. The below information will help you get the best results.
Photo Upload Criteria
- You can upload JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF or PCX format.
- The file size of your photo should not be bigger than 4 MB. There are no restrictions on the dimensions of the photo you upload. We will automatically resize it if it's too large, but we will not stretch it if it's too small.
- You may upload a maximum of 10 photos.
- To upload a photo, click on the 'Browse...' button in the Upload Photo section to locate and select your photo. Click on the 'Upload' button and you are done!
- All photos are subject to approval by our support team before they're visible to others. Photos are usually approved by the following working day, however this may take longer at times of high upload volumes.
- Your Primary Photo is your main profile photo that others will see when they view your profile. It must be a recent, clear head and shoulders photo of yourself only. Side profiles or photos where a deliberate attempt is made to obscure your face will not be approved for primary use.
- Photos you upload that we, at our discretion, deem too risqué will be approved for private use only.
- If you repeatedly upload photos that do not meet our upload criteria (shown below), you may be permanently banned from uploading photos.
- If you repeatedly upload the same photo it will be considered as a deliberate attempt to be featured in the Gallery in order to boost your popularity and will result in your profile being permanently banned from the Gallery and Popular Profiles list. Play nice and let others share the limelight!
The Do's and Don'ts when choosing your photo
- Show off your SMILE! A friendly face attracts much more attention.
- Your Primary Photo must be a recent, clear head and shoulders photo.
- Upload photos showing a variety of aspects of your life.
- Make sure your photo is the right way up.
- A picture paints a 1000 words - use photos that show you at your best!
- Photos of pets, children or random objects on their own will not be approved.
- Images of celebrities, cartoons, copyrighted material will be rejected.
- Photos that contain personal contact information are not allowed.
- Photos that are too small or of poor quality - too dark, bright, blurry, etc. - may not be accepted.
- Sexually explicit, obscene or other material that we deem potentially offensive to others will be deleted.
Private photos are not visible to everyone. You can either set them to be visible to your Favourites or invite specific members to view them. Your private photos will only be available to members while you have an active subscription, provided they have an active subscription too.
Here's how it works:
- Photos you want everyone to see - select the 'Visible to Everyone' option.
- For photos you only want your Favourites to see - select the 'Visible to my Favourites only' option.
- For photos you only want to show a select few - select the 'Visible by Invitation only' option.
- If you want no-one to see a specific photo - select the 'Hide this photo from everyone' option.
You can invite anyone to view your invitation-only photos by clicking on the 'Invite him/her to view my Private Photo Album' link within their profile.
Important: Soul to Soul does not warrant the suitability of a member's private photos nor will we become involved in a discussion regarding their suitability. Soul to Soul will only investigate complaints regarding private photos if the claim is that the content is illegal or being used for illegal purposes.
Editing your photos
Can others see you clearly?
Make sure you are clearly visible and show yourself at your best. A small picture showing lots of you is far better than a big one with little detail. Only clear, head and shoulders photographs will be approved to use as a Primary Photo.
Need to enlarge a really small photo?
Be careful - the quality can deteriorate remarkably and will not be clearly visible to others or may even not be approved by our support team.
Does your photo include other people?
Make sure you don't get mistaken for your best friend - rather consider photos only of yourself.
Have a good photo of yourself, but with unwanted 'extras'?
Cut the best bit out with the cropping tool of your favourite photo-editing program.
Is your photo the right way up?
If not, rotate it before uploading.